Cant start

Avallix
So, I read a bunch of the other help requests and didn't find the answer that I was looking for.

When I double click Simbrain.jar nothing happens except a blip with the words simbrain on it. if I run the program through cmd as directed in the README.txt I get the error "could not find or load main class = jar". I already have java jdk..1.8.0_111. Any ideas?

-P.S. \
I also posted this on the GitHub place.

Re: Cant start

jyoshimi
Administrator
Hi there I responded over at github.   We can have the discussion there.

Re: Cant start

Marco
I have the same problem, but I cannot find your reply on github. Can you please reply also here? thank you very much

Re: Cant start

jyoshimi
Administrator
Hi there,

A good workaround on this is to open up a terminal, go to where the Simbrain.jar is, and enter the command

java -jar Simbrain.jar

If that doesn't work or you need more details on that let me know.

- Jeff

Re: Cant start

Leerdamer
Hi.  I am having this same problem and would like to try your suggested workaround.  However I am totally new to Java and have no idea how to "open up a terminal".
Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Cant start

jyoshimi
Administrator
Hi there.  Looks like I missed the notification. Arg!

For mac here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7Nd67_aFw

For pc it will be the powershell or cmd.exe. Here is a video I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBWVgE0ewk

Basically just google things like "command line" or "command prompt" together with your system type.

Re: Cant start

Leerdamer
Hey, no worries.  It is you doing me the favour!
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide the information for me.  I will give it a go later today!
Cheers